Academic requirements and courses are available in the Vassar College Catalogue.
- According to college regulations, no student may take more than half their total courses in the Department of Drama. Typically, this is 16 units for a student who graduates with the required 32 units.
- Students who take a Junior Year Abroad (JYA) in drama may generally count 2 of their credits, with pre-approval by the department, as elective credits.
- Drama 200, “The Experimental Theater,” consists of participation in Drama Department productions. This could be in any area including acting, design, playwriting, dramaturgy, stage management, or directing. This course may only be taken four times.
- At the senior level drama majors may elect to take Drama 390, senior productions work, and/or Drama 391, Senior Project in Drama
- Students may elect to undertake a senior project in drama during their senior year. These projects are proposed to the faculty in the spring of the junior year and can take many forms: an academic paper or research project, a playwriting project, or a variety of other production opportunities in the Experimental Theater. For production work there are various prerequisites: those who wish to direct in their senior year must have taken course work in directing, theater making, design, or dramaturgy; as well, they must have stage managed or assistant directed a department production. Those wishing to perform a specific role must have taken Actor's Craft and Actor's Art. Collaborative, group, and ensemble projects are strongly encouraged.