Tickets are still available for The Experimental Theater of Vassar College production of Measure for Measure by William Shakespeare, co-directed by Shona Tucker and Darrell James.
Please join us at one of these three performances:
- Tuesday, February 28th at 8:00pm
- Wednesday, February 29th at 8:00pm
- Thursday, March 1st at 8:00pm
In The Martel Theater (located inside the Vogelstein Center for Drama and Film)
This production is open to the campus and the general public.
A note from the Dramaturg, Emily MacLeod '12:
Plays today are rarely forced into genres of comedy, tragedy and history the way Shakespeare's were. As Shakespeare's last comedy (based on the classical definition), Measure for Measure is ahead of its time, blending humor and pathos with passion and intensity. The 'problems' are what makes it a play more resonant with our world today than it was four hundred years ago.
photos by Elena Gaby '13
Making a reservation
Details to include when making a reservation:
- Name of the performance
- Your full name
- Number of seats
- For Martel productions only: Your preferred seat selection. We will contact you if they are not available and provide an alternate selection.
- Names of guests attending
- Date you are requesting a reservation
- Status (company member, crew, faculty, student, family, community guest etc)
- Phone number with area code (needed for off campus guests only)
As a courtesy, kindly contact the box office if you are unable to attend a performance as oppose to not showing up. This allows the box office time to contact guests on our waiting lists. 24 hours prior to a show date is sufficient and appreciated.
BOX OFFICE HOURS
CLOSED MONDAYS AND WEEKENDS.
WALK-INS THUR-FRI 12:00-4:00pm
(The box office operates on a part time schedule)